A blog on Tally Integration, to import and export data from Tally.ERP programmatically using VB6, VB.NET,C#,ASP.NET etc

Monday, March 17, 2008

Tally Error : Proper Ref Name not given

Last week, while working on Tally XML tags, I got this error:-

<LINEERROR> xx: Proper Ref Name not given for 'xxx'!(FOR OBJECT: 'REMOTEID:xxx')</LINEERROR>

Though I could locate the mistake, it took few hours to do so. Here's what caused the problem.

"The tag <NAME> used within the <BILLALLOCATIONS> tag was blank. As the name suggests, the <BILLALLOCATIONS> tag is used to specify the Bill details viz Bill Number and Bill Amount.

The aforesaid tags are used when the feature "Bill-by-bill" is enabled for the given Party (Ledger account)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.